Blogging has been erratic at best over the last couple of weeks, I guess we’ve been busy doing rather than recording. This post should bring us bang up to date, so here’s a quick checklist of our recent antics…are you sitting comfortably?
1. Hung the acorn birdhouse in the apple tree, god love Anthropologie, though it strangely feels a little less special now it’s in London.
2. Hung the doorbell at the tradesmen’s entrance.
3. Pondered buying these lights for the kitchen from Ebay. Any thoughts?!
Until I saw these today I was dead set on these prismatic shades from Artifact Lighting (beautiful products) but now I’m in two minds… Decisions, decisions!
4. Planted a LOT of herbs, we had these old sinks from our previous properties. The garden won’t get too much attention this year, so it’s slowly turning in to Pottsville…we need a little prettiness out there!
5. Bought a garden bench, currently proving popular for visitors to the kitchen.
6. Found more printing blocks in the garden, this time cottages and map elements.
7. Finished window frame, these show it from both sides, the arch cubby hole is now my favourite part of the house.
8. Rough plastered all downstairs walls, covering damp proof and rewire damage. Next stop skimming.
9. Replaced the bay window board. It was previously a nasty patterned Formica.
Who could resist this 70s floral effort?
It was a two-man job to replace it.
It’s now base-coated MDF. Much lighter and makes the best of the window. There are paw prints on the paintwork though… I wonder who did that?!
10. Spent another seven hours on the ceiling rose, can you even tell?! I’m on a mission to finish this next week.
11. Fitted the ceiling extractor fan above the hob. Quite pleased as it creates a bit more of a divide between kitchen and dining areas. I’ll like it even more when it works.
12. Searched, and searched, and searched some more for some bar stools, these are the current forerunners.
And with that, I conclude this week’s changes…see you next week!
Tha acorn bird-house was so damn heavy!
Ha ha, I did think about you humping it round NYC when I wrote that. Not as heavy as my bookends though…Thanks ever so! Xxx
You’ve been busy! I love that Artifact light and its beautiful cloth cord. I think the ebay lights are interesting … but maybe too mod for your kitchen? Also love that garden bench. What are the swoopy drawings behind the bench and the couch under the arch?
I just can’t decide, they are on Ebay from China, so can’t realistically return them if I don’t like them when they arrive… Quite a chance to take! The swoops things are just texture in the rough plaster to make the next coat stick, so I’m told!
I like the glass lamps and the barstools on the left. Everything is starting to come together.
Slowly but surely!
1. Love the copper pendants — very kitcheny. Will I be able to see them from my seat in 2. the arched cubster? 3. I need me a “tradesmen’s entrance”. You have the best stuff. Jo @ Let’s Face the Music
There’s a great view of the lights from the ‘cubster’ – which by the way, is my new favourite word ever!
Wow, you’ve been very busy. I love the copper pendants! I am jealous of your herb plantings 🙂
I still can’t decide on those lights…!! Really need to make my mind up soon.