Hotting Up…

In the hottest week of the year so far, we finally got the gas fire fitted in the lounge. The arch had to be partially bricked up and a plate fitted to hold the flue in place. As usual, the installation wasn’t straightforward, so there’s a little more work to do before it’s finished…

 

We need to reduce the opening of the fire surround slightly more and chip off a little more plaster so allow the fire to sit back against the brickwork. I’ve started to look for an overmantle mirror, doesn’t look like that will be easy either as the fireplace much wider than standard… 

Advertisements